I have no problem with that. Using the ACA as an example, it took way too many people out of their comfort zone and hence a red wave occurred in 2010 to the tune of 63 seats lost. I think if Obama and the Democrats took more time to explain instead of just jumping in, it would have went smoother with lot less loses. Or did some this year, some next year, a little more the year after etc. without losing the house.

But that's the political strategist talking here. When you look at, on average a 55-40 opposition to it, perhaps it was the wrong time. Who knows what other issues could have been tackled successfully with a little at a time approach or putting the ACA on the back burner for a year or two. Immigration, infrastructure, your living wage, education, all could have been addressed with the democrats in firm control of the house and the senate.

The way things are these days, in the era of polarization and mega, ultra high partisanship, all it takes is the lost of the House or the senate to put a stop to any forward movement. With the ACA it was a one and done for Obama. That is outside of what he could do with his phone and a pen.

Of course I have an entirely different outlook on these things than most and perhaps everyone else. Was the ACA worth it with everything else put on hold and or not addressed at all. I think most Democrats would answer that in the affirmative, not me though. I look on it as a 2 year gain, then a 6 year loss of opportunity. A six year loss of high hopes because the Republican House was going to stop everything Obama tried to do.

Take folks out of their comfort zone, that makes them angry and they rebel. I just hope Biden and company learned this lesson from 2010. If not, we'll see a Republican House in 2022. Again, that the strategist inside me speaking. Give the people what they want in the amount they want I suppose is the bottom line.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.