I think the main point or my main point is in order to accomplish something one first must win an election. To keep accomplishing things, one must then win reelection or control of the House and senate.

I think one of the Democrats fault was they pushed things that a majority of Americans weren't ready for yet. Either that went went too far, beyond what the people were ready to accept and support at the time and things like 1994 and 2010 happen.

Of course that is their decision. I am pretty sure the Democrats in congress never thought when they passed the ACA it would be a one and done for them even though they knew a good size majority of Americans were against it. That they would immediately lose control of the House and lose 8 senate seats immediately following its passage.

That stopped progress on every other issue in its tracks. sometimes it may be wise to listen to the American people. That is if you want to make progress on other issues and not only one.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.