It's not that easy. In the past each state has passed laws declaring whoever wins the popular vote is awarded that state's electoral votes. Some states do it differently, but here in Georgia for example, each candidate on the ballot must submit their list or slate of electors to the secretary of state prior to the election being held. By Georgia law, whoever wins the most popular votes, that candidates slate of electors will cast Georgia's electoral votes. Some other states have different laws, but basically the same principle.

I was a Perot elector in 1996 and had he won Georgia I would have cast one of Georgia's electoral votes. To accomplish what you stated above, those Republican states legislatures would first have to pass a new law on how they award their electoral votes or who awards them. I've heard of none doing so.

Yes, the state legislature could take back awarding of the electoral votes instead of allowing a popular vote. But in order to do, they would first would have to repeal the their current awarding law per the popular vote. By 1868 all states had passed laws regarding the awarding of electoral votes via the popular vote results. South Carolina in 1860 was the last state in which state legislatures awarded the electoral votes without a popular vote.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.