Prof Tribe has weighed in on the question and said
Originally Posted by Lawrence Tribe
at least one possible reading [ed. Bush v Gore]requiring that disputes over the process of choosing electors be resolved strictly in terms of the directives laid down by the State Legislature, without resort to the State Constitution to change outcomes.
This is precisely the argument some Republicans and one in particular from the Federalist Society (are those guys conspiracy minded???) are promoting to battleground states with Republican controlled legislatures.

Much like the military, which trains soldiers BEFORE they go into battle, I was a Boy Scout and it's motto was .... be prepared.

Many folks have pooh poohed the idea Mr Trump may not leave the WH regardless of the outcome of the election. It is a question worth considering since there are no protocols which address the notion. If he decides not to leave, he may direct the military (Trump loyalists) to protect him and there is nothing anyone can do about it. What will the JC do? Bomb the WH? Breach the compound? Would that not be the very definition of a coup? etc. The result was the JC (and I hope you think these guys are serious people, not prone to conspiracy theories) actually considered the idea. Legal scholars considered the idea. Again serious people with some concerns.

Likewise I believe it is incumbent on people to consider the unimaginable in preparation of the possibility. I am not talking about the obvious court battles which will be used as a tactic, but the actual attempt of a theft of a general election.

Stranger than fiction .... steal an election in plain sight and people saying that can't happen and it does. I better write the screenplay before someone else does.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!