I don't know. All I do know is the old political era of when both major parties knew that both wanted a secure, free and prosperous America, only the paths of getting there were different is long gone. This modern era of divisiveness, polarization, mega, ultra, high partisanship has replaced it. Now each party truly believes the other party is out to destroy America.

Perhaps it's all this negative personal attacks that has been taking place since at least the 1990's. Making the other side look like the devil reincarnated. Now the partisans of both sides really believe the other side is pure evil and it seems will do anything and everything to prevent the other side from winning or gaining power to include the use of violence. It's the times we live in I suppose.

Our elections aren't about substance anyone, not about ideas, possible solutions to our problems, about a vision of the future. It's 100% negative personal attacks. Then the party folks come to believe every single negative personal attack against the other guy, against the other party and hate begins to build. It's only reasonable violence will follow.

How much, I suppose we'll find out after the election.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.