Originally Posted by rporter314
As a note regarding thoughts on Mr Trump refusing to leave WH, we have the case of the Dir of Bureau of Land Management, Pendley, refusing to leave job as directed by the courts, saying Mr Trump supports him in his job.

If this is not eye opening for the possibilities of a Republican assault on our democracy, I don't know what is .... other than complete regime change.

I suspect there is a whole bevy of these ultra conservative Republicans (Rep Jordan, Gaetz, Meadows, Gohmert in fact most Texas rep's, Sen Johnson, Lee etc) who would welcome the destruction of our form of government and a replacement with a fascist one.

These guys believe they are above the law .... so saith the Congressional and Judicial Records.
I've been watching the BLM situation too - it is a microcosm of the entire Trump administration's abuse of processes, and ignoring of law and the Constitution. God, I am so looking forward to the end of this nightmare.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich