Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by perotista
...I take 75% of independents lean Republican as voting for Trump, 75% of independents that lean Democratic as voting for Biden. That leaves just the pure or true independents with no leans which is anyone guess....
I wasn't homeschooled as most of you Righties are, but 75 + 75 = 150. That's over 100 according to my public education. Hmm

Okay, didn't follow me huh? What I said and if not meant which confused you which at times saying and meaning are two different things is 75% of independents who lean Democratic will vote for Biden, 75% of independents who lean republican will vote for Trump, pure and true independents are very hard to figure or predict.

Using Gallup's latest figures, Independents who lean Democrat make up 47% of independents as of 28 Sep which approximately 75% will vote for Biden based on historical norms. Independents who lean Republican make up 40% of independents which around 75% will vote for Trump, again based on an historical average. That leaves 13% of independents I classify as true or pure independents with no leans. There is no historical standard to go by with these purist or no lean independents. They vary and swing radically for no apparent reason.

FYI, according to the 28 Sep Gallup figures, independents now make up 42% of the electorate as both major parties affiliation has fallen below 30% That means Republicans are below 30% at 27% of the electorate and democrats are below 40% at 29%.

That's quite a fall for the Democrats. The Republicans have averaged 27% of the electorate since IKE. Being as low as 21% and as high as 31%. The Democrats dropped from an average of 45% of the electorate, Truman until Reagan, then 35% from Reagan until Obama and now for the first time have dropped below 30%. The Democrats high was 51% in both 1961 and 1965. They low 29%, today.

Last edited by perotista; 10/19/20 12:41 PM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.