Would it be a win for you to continue on with 4 more years of Trump? Here in America to win an election you have to do better than your opponent. If you don't win an election you have no way to influence the future.

But what is a win for you? To be able to make every single citizen 100% reliant on government? Or is it to lose if you can't take gigantic leaps in the direction you want government to go whether than a few little steps at a time. What happens if you do take a gigantic leap, I think you just need to look back at the house election of 2010. Fact is one needs to be able to take the people as far as they're willing to go and no further until they're willing to go further.

I think sometimes keeping the status quo is a win, if a loss means taking steps backwards that has to be gain back again. It's like 1st and 10 in a football game, you get stopped at the line of scrimmage for no gain. That's better than having your quarterback sacked for a 15 yard loss. You begin the next play or perhaps the next election at 2nd and 10 instead of 2nd and 25. You were much better off with the status quo, no gain, no loss than with the 25 yard sack. Barring a fumble or an interception, you can't score on defense or losing an election.

This is the political realist talking, the turtle in a long distant run instead of the hare in a sprint who tires out and sits besides the road. Biden better than Trump, a win. Trump is gone, a win. What Biden and company will do after he wins, that's an open question. But I'd much rather have Biden fulfilling those open questions than Trump. So the election of Biden is a win in my book.

Of course there is always a third option here. Vote third party.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.