Liberalism - really?

I have been pounding the hell out of this one for years. If Biden does a clean sweep there is actually a chance. The question is, really, whether he has the backbone. Corona has, pretty much, proven that our healthcare is too expense and not up to doing the job. The problem is that there are so many people working on the edges of healthcare; insurance and private providers, the TV Industry to name a few and a LOT more than that). I remember when our system of healthcare created the auto industry in Canada - we just couldn't compete. Basically, there are a LOT of reasons we should change and there are a LOT of folks fighting like hell to leave it alone.

Its really quite interesting when you get to watch people literally sacrifice their well being and even their own lives to maintain a failed system. Obama, for instance, said, right out loud that he wanted to also have the 'option' and he couldn't even get that done when he owned the congress - EVERYBODY was against it! Remember our system of healthcare is something like 18% of our entire economy!

I know, everybody is concerned about healthcare. That, however, is exactly just how far it goes. Soon as words like "single payer", "tax supported", etc. arise the screams begin. Some how we need a national visit to our healthcare system and that hasn't happened yet!

Its really easy to blame this, or that, group but, in the case of our healthcare that isn't really going to fly. There has to be some kind of national effort to just explain it all! I find it very strange, for instance, when any of that is mentioned one of the first things mentioned is that auto workers could never give up their hard won healthcare!

The United States of America seem to be completely dedicated to screwing themselves over because nobody ever, apparently, told them there is a better way demonstrated by, basically, the entire rest of the industrialized freaking world! We also take great pride in our "common sense" - Really?

I suspect our problems are a LOT bigger than anybody thinks - A LOT BIGGER!