The Democratic Party is certainly on the opposite of some issues I hold dear, but so too are the Republicans. That makes me a swing voting non-partisan, non-affiliated individual. In other words, most would call me an independent.

As for the democratic party being a centrist party, that depends where you stand at looking at the democrats. If you're far left, a progressive, certainly the Democrats are a centrist party just like the GOP is a centrist party if you're far right. If you're someone like me, you always wonder why these two major parties can come together, make some compromises, govern more toward the middle where most or the average American is.

Regardless, we'll see how Biden governs. If he governs like the old Senator Joe Biden the Democratic Party may be able to reverse its shrinkage. It may be able to gain some of those who deserted them over their litmus tests back into the fold. If he doesn't, if Biden makes them angry, this huge group in-between the two parties will vote Republican in 2022 probably giving them control of the House back.

Americans Favor Compromise to Get Things Done in Washington

https://news.gallup.com/poll/220265/americans-favor-compromise-things-done-washington.aspx

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.