The Republicans set on the course of never dealing with Newt Gringrich in the 1980's It actually served them well over time. The Democrats continued to deal but the Republicans didn't so, basically, the Republicans won no matter what. I think the Dems have finally got the message. I remember when Obama spent a LOT of time trying to deal with them and we all know how that went. If, this time around, the Dems actually take it all it might be interesting to change the seating in the congress which would force the congressional jerks, on both sides, to at least say things like; "Good morning", etc.

Trump has turned the Republican support for the military back on its head. He stopped, for instance, fixing housing, rebuilding facilities destroyed in hurricanes, etc. to "build" his wall as well as other wastes. Then, when you add in his obvious disdain for virtually all military I think he has pretty much wrecked that so called support.

The part I really don't like is the so called support, from congress, of the military/industrial complex wherein they actually have built billion dollar airplanes that don't fly when they knew they didn't fly but did provide jobs. One would think that if we had a congress that actually gave a damn they would have spent the money on infrastructure instead so everybody might bathe in their extravagance. I know, not gonna happen - but, some day it might!