Originally Posted by Greger
Democrats are not totally averse to compromise. They are willing to deal.

Republicans on the other hand...not so much.

The godless communists across the aisle are not worthy of anything other than banishment to whatever country their ancestors came from or simply death outright. They've made it clear with their guns and god rhetoric. Nothing that passes in the Democratic House will ever see the light of day in the Republican Senate.

Our president has stated clearly that anyone who opposes anything he wants is the enemy. Anyone who disagrees is the enemy, the free press is the enemy. They do not bargain with the enemy...they attempt to destroy them.

Pero, as I recall you are a one issue voter. It's all about the military and everything else is neither here nor there. Republicans are strong supporters of the Military Industrial Complex and the billionaires who profit from it. Indirectly, that benefits the military. My concern is not the billionaires. It's the troops...are they receiving adequate pay for the job they are doing? Are they receiving adequate healthcare? Are they receiving adequate pensions?
Or is an unhealthy amount of our military budget going directly into the pockets of billionaires?

I'm not sure why you cling to the Republican party nor why you are proud of occasionally voting for them. I am personally ashamed to vote for either party but will hold my nose and vote for democrats. The stench of death and decay around the Republican Party simply makes it impossible for me to consider any of their candidates.
What I see when it comes to the military is those on both sides of the aisle using the military as a civilian jobs creator and maintainer. I've always said, even on this site that if congress only gave the military what it needed, what it asked for, you could easily cut 100 billion from DOD's budget without harming the national defense, the security of this country or anything else.

What more can JCS or the military in general do? They tell congress they have enough of this or that, that they can't use this and yet to keep jobs back in their districts or states, to create more, congress makes the military buy these things.

A lot of that stuff end up in warehouses where it sits, unused for 10-15 years and then is sold at a DRMO auction. I've seen this many times.

I don't know about the military industrial complex, perhaps it is they who are forcing these congress critters to make the military buy all this stuff. But I always had the feeling it was more to protect civilian jobs, bring back the bacon so to speak. Perhaps it a combination of both.

My Democratic congress man is great at keeping a C-130 plant going producing more and more C-130's. A prop job first made in the 1950's. I went to a DRMO auction a year or so ago and bought 3 brand new lap tops for 50 dollars. Unused, still in the original box, only they still had Windows 7 on them.

I'd say yes to pay, the retirement system has change some, I'm retired, no complaints. Heath care, excellent for active duty. The VA provides excellent care once one gets into the system. But getting into the system is very difficult. There's a huge backlog of those who apply. It can take 3-4 years before one can get in unless one is wounded in action or is injured while on active duty and given a medical discharge. Then it's automatic.

But the problem with VA goes back to when I was first drafted back in 1966. It spans all the different presidents and parties who controlled congress.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.