I see that the government has signed an agreement to buy 75,000 doses of Lilly's monoclonal antibody at $5000 a pop. That seems like a lot to pay for something that works best immediately after exposure and offers maybe three months of passive immunity. If you wait until somebody has symptoms, it does very little. If you wait until you see serious symptoms, it will do nothing at all. Might even make those patients sicker!

Antibodies are great to have before you get exposed: They either prevent infection or make it much milder. But there is a huge difference between a vaccine giving you the ability to make your own antibodies when needed (which may last for years), and monoclonal antibody that makes you immune for three months and does not teach your immune system anything. I see it having value for health care workers who work with Covid-19 patients, but still it would cost a bit. Maybe just give it to those workers once, and hope they get vaccinated before their three months is up.

I suspect 2 cents per day of Vitamin D is a much better solution, because we can afford to give that to everybody in the country. Anybody exposed gets zinc and ivermectin, with a cost of about $1.