There has been a lot of tv about the re-opening of our schools. There seems to be three options. Do everything over the internet, do nothing over the internet or do three days not over the internet and 2 days on the internet (give or take). Anyway, they are also making sure that you will be in a class and that class will have a teacher who will handle the live as well as the all the internet stuff for each of her teachers.

I would submit that what they should do is have specific teachers for live teaching and specific teachers for online teaching. I am sure that there are teachers who will prefer one or the other, and I suspect, whichever a teacher chooses it will probably be the one she/he is most good at doing. Right now a single teacher handles both and I have seen several teachers, on tv, explain it all and its very confusing as each side (internet or live) has its problems, equipment, etc. I think that having teachers for each side, thereby giving the child, basically, 2 teachers, would probably be the best way to do this the easiest and best way. If I were a teacher I would prefer to do one or the other as trying to do both, at the same time, would be disaster and, I fear, that is probably where we are going to be headed.

Thoughts?