Originally Posted by jgw
A couple of months ago the VA decided that I needed hearing aids. So, now I have hearing aids. The strange thing is that I can't tell the difference but am told they are working fine. One thing the hearing aids did help, however, was tinnitus. It cut the noise by at least 50%

Then there is the memory thing. I have come to the conclusion that its not all memory loss but a problem with attention span. The results are the same for both of them. I have found that I can no longer carry multiple subjects at the same time. If, for instance, I am talking about something and somebody brings something up my original subject takes flight. Its not a bad memory is a loss of enough attention. I used to have no problem with 5 or 6 things running at the same time with no problem. No longer...

I have actually and literally had a word on the tip of my tongue and then get mildly interrupted by just about anything and the word takes flight. The frustrating thing about that one is that I actually know that I had the word and THEN lost it.

Same here.
And I was juuuuust about to get cleared for hearing aids by the VA when the Civilian In-house Treatment Initiative shut down, and I got shunted to private sector care. Not sure my CHAMPVA card covers hearing aids in the private sector.

Get your hearing aids "tuned up", my friend, it often takes a couple of return visits before they get it right, and that's the case out in the rest of the world, too. Hearing aid users seldom get the tuneup right the first time.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com