Originally Posted by Greger
I cooked black rice for the first time last night. Black rice contains high levels of seven different antho­cyanin polyphenols...antioxidents.

I made a mushroom and shallot risotto seasoned with hyssop and sumac(za'atar).

served that with homemade hummus and Lay's Ruffles potato chips.

I have a bag of black rice, but when boiled it turns everything very black. A risotto solves that problem by absorbing all the black tint with the antioxidant goodies that would otherwise go away with Blackwater. Does it take much longer to rosottoize the black rice? Any tips on process would be helpful. I also have a bag of sumac that I have not used for lack of a good idea for it, so may try it like this.

I make lots of hummus for eating with fresh raw veggies, and whatever gets roasted when they are getting a bit long in the tooth. I also spread humus on bread like mayo for tomato sandwiches when mine are in season, which SOB, they are no longer!
What goes in your hummus other than tahini , garlic, lemon, S+P, and olyve oil? Mine, depending on who will be eating it, includes more garlic, cumin, turmeric for color, a dash of citric acid for more tartness, and pepper flakes for hot! I try to use dry garbanzos, but I do keep large cans around for impulse hummus attacks!

Last edited by TatumAH; 10/24/21 07:56 PM. Reason: dash for dish

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit