Originally Posted by Ken Condon
I make my own tahini which is essentially just ground up sesame seeds with olive oil. But I toast them first in a Dutch oven by spreading them in a thin layer and keep shaking them as they toast over medium high heat. Careful not to burn them though as burnt sesame seeds taste horrible. But toasted ones taste awesome in the hummus! Then mix them with the garbanzos and a whole roasted garlic bulb. Throw in some lemon juice little salt some more oil as needed and there you go for a great hummus.

I have immolated many sesame seeds! They need too much attention, but I do just fine with pumpkin seeds, which will soon be plentiful!
I love the roasted sesame seed taste, and I have found a convenient work-around. Most Chinese food stores carry roasted/toasted sesame oils that can be added to hummus to provide that delicious taste without tediously watching the tiny tick shaped seeds burn. The seeds can be purchased with or without the hulls, but for economical reasons I buy them WITH the hulls, and then just peel some when I need some unhulled! grin

Its also great for a quick sesame addition to noodle dishes, or most anything you want to sesamize.

TAT

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit