I have developed a denial theory about why those of us with extensive vocabularies, take more time to retrieve a particular specific word. It is very simple, but obvious, that like with computers, it takes longer to search a larger database! grin
Just the other night I was watching a program where one of Eric Clapton's guitars was gifted. I knew the sequence was coming, but I couldn't remember Clapton's name. Some God! By the time it came to the subject, Clapton had come to me, once I stopped being concerned that I couldn't remember it.

After a memorable excessive dose of some un-prescribed "medication", I thought I had burned out way too many neurons. This was confirmed by losing my coffee cup in the lab multiple times. Then when I made mental notes of where I put down my mug, I lost it even more! It was just a manifestation of my ADHD (that we didnt know about then), made much worse from anxiety about my self induced brain damage!

As you have noticed, THE NOUNS GO FIRST! It is easy to substitute various adjectives and modifiers, but NOUNS, not so much!

There are some words that I can hardly ever remember, and when considered, they were often associated with things or people that had bad associations with their names, and my brain didnt want to go there..

Some word remain purrsistently intractable like uh umm, pause, Anomia!

APHASIA ASSESMENT TOOLS

TAT

Last edited by TatumAH; 11/08/21 05:15 AM. Reason: Furrgot the Lynx again!

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit