Yeah I knew that, but old autopsy routines are hard to shake, and I figured I might have been able to bill for the elective radical surgery. It was a bigger bird (20 lbs) than I thought, and required garden pruning shears, as the kitchen ones were not up to the task. The longer I beat on it, CPR, the wider it got and I had to use my full size sheet pan with cooling grid as it wouldn't fit in my roasting pan, even after trimming the wings again!
It only took 2 hours to cook, 450 for 20-30 minutes till lightly browned, and then foiled and 325 while monitoring temps. I ended up removing the legs and wings anyway, to get the breast to 150-155 for five minutes without over cooking the extremities, the reverse of the usual problem. It was nicely browned and moist, and nobody has had GI distress, yet!
We were stuffed, but stopped before it was painful. We voted to not prepare decadent desserts for only the three of us, still losing our covid extra pounds. Having leftover pie would have been irrational!

How were the hotdogs? frown
TAT

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit