I gave up on trying to grow baby spinach, that long suffering Mrs Tat, last time , I checked, likes to put in her omelets. The sun hits it here, that didnt used to happen, and it immediately goes to seed before I can even harvest a few leaves.
I am low labor intensive with collards. All I do is check to make sure it has a few bug holes, that shows it to still be organic without pesticides. I may rinse it with kitchen sprayer in the sink during aphid season, but they are long gone now, and sweet anyway.
I just stack the collard leaves and roll um, cause I got um, and cut them into 1/4 in shreds, including the stems, except for the very ends. I then slice the pile across the grain such that the shreds dont dangle from Mrs. TATs teeth, her worst horror. I wilt them or just drop them into whatever soups stew etc. A couple of minute of simmering, with a bit of bacon fat or sausage and they are ready to eat. I tried before removing the central portion of the leaves, but actually enjoy having just a little bit of bite resistance from the stems. If you dont like that a few more minutes of simmer will take care of it. Why lose the fiber? Natures little brooms!
ouch

TAT

There's nothing wrong with thinking
Except that it's lonesome work
sevil regit