So the wife got off the phone today with one of our mutual friends. They both tested positive from covid. Guessing Delta though they haven’t been told what strain. According to what they were told, not being told what type of covid hasbeen policy. More likely they aren’t sequencing enough? Dunno.
They figured it was from a club venue they went to in Buffalo.
My radar went off as there cousin was over at my house last week, pulling some white pine off the property for a project he had coming up.
The club venue was not allowing anybody in without proof of vaccination. They thought it would be safe to go and they’ve not been out in two years and hadn’t had a break from work and caring for their very physically handicapped daughter who needs round the clock attention.

So my first thought was ‘why the eff were they in a club in Buffalo?!’. But I know the why.

Second thought was ‘was their cousin with them? ‘

Wife texted and got the answer. Yes he was.

The project he was working on was for a Community Christmas celebration organized by the Rotary. He was a participating craftsman doing live demonstrations of his work, answering people’s questions, doing business.

Wife and I are taking care of both our elderly mothers during this pandemic. Shopping, scheduling, maintaining there homes and cars do they aren’t in harms way by exposure.

I’m not mad at my friends BTW. They thought they were doing everything correct. I believe we’re out of the time frame for symptoms to arrive. I wonder at that Community Christmas event last weekend. It was outdoors so there’s that. We’re in the hot zone of Omicron so we’ve gone back to isolating as much for our parents as for ourselves.

That mask off neoliberal presser with Walensky, Fauci and the other guy, (Neitze or something?) was amazing. A real ‘go F#CK yourself neoliberal moment. They haven’t failed. They can only be failed. Look at their positions and credentials. How could they. And boy did they let people know it.

Never addressing structural issues or institutional rot. The ‘othering’ is really gaining steam.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 12/21/21 10:16 PM.