Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
...[or] that infections among triple-vaxxed people are generally mild or asymptomatic, no matter what variant. While infections among the unvaxxed are more severe, no matter what variant.
The Intercept article that I linked to suggests the the unvaxxed are not getting Omicron at all and the Omicron hospitalizations are all vaxxed and booted folks. Hmm

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I’ll always take the observations of front line workers over the arm chair quarterbacks or research academics. Front line workers deal with the real world results of policies or lack of em. Our currrnt reality, IMO.

Otherwise your liable to go down odd paths of speculation, untethered from the real world and say things like:

“ As for "super transmission ability" claims for Omicron (and every earlier variant), I doubt them. Those are based on epidemiological data like spread rate, but a major factor in Rt is human behavior. If people decide they are tired of PPE and distancing, and get together in big indoor gatherings, Rt will shoot up. If they all did what they have been told about not spreading the virus. it would drop to zero. Transmissibility among the vaccinated has also been overstated because some studies equated PCR detection of RNA fragments with shedding of infectious virus. Later studies looked for live virus, and found much less for a much shorter period. So vaccination does cut transmission to about 2 days. ”

My prediction for the New Years is this quote is going to age like raw fish left on the counter.