Everybody should be told to wear N95 or similar masks. Of course about a third of the US population thinks this is unacceptable as a violation of their freedom. So any idea how to get them to wear them?

Maybe start by telling them to wear an N95 mask. NOT by telling them masks aren’t needed, probably does more harm than good, then reverse yourself and saying you had to lie cuz people are children. Last I looked the CDC is still telling people to wear any mask but N95.

Better contact tracing? I already explained exactly why contact tracing can't work with SARS-COV2 unless you lock everybody in the world up. And then everybody would starve to death. It's a characteristic of the virus that you get lots of asymptomatic cases who can still spread it. Contact tracing is miserable with this virus. Not because tracers don't try, but because they miss 90% of the infections

I don’t think you understand the purpose of contact tracing being utilized with a robust public mitigation strategy. Also, how weird to say that it’s an either or proposition? Letting er rip or locking everyone up to starve..

It is time to go beyond opening windows and aim for a paradigm shift to ensure all public buildings are optimally designed, built, adapted, and utilised to maximise clean air for occupants—strategies which have been shown to reduce SARS-CoV-2 transmission. Building design and construction? Those take quite a long time. NOT a useful strategy for cutting transmission, when you can just put some big fans in all the windows within a few days.

Uhhhh… you get out much? How many commercial buildings do you see with sash windows? But there’s the rub. It would cost money. Yes, we can provide obscene amounts for the necessities of killing and incarceration, not so much for prevention and mitigation. In the meantime, can we get a simple Corsi box in a class room? By the way, shouldn’t you be arguing that it wouldn’t matter cuz droplets and surfaces?

Yeah, I’ve been following the Texas children’s hospital’s progress. I’m surprised/not surprised the government is caving to pharma’s insistence on profits from patents instead of an all out effort of global suppression/elimination. Have you seen the Cuban governments accomplishments? Not bad, considering they’re under an economic blockade. A good example of what can be done when corrupt lazy flop artists aren’t in control of government and theirs commitments to public goods and services.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 01/04/22 02:55 PM.