Aerosols are the main route of infection. That’s not obsessing, it’s simply stating reality. Again, public health mitigation requires a scientific based theory of disease spread. That’s not me talking but the pros in the field. It does make sense to me as I operate in a world of the 6 P’s. ‘Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

But don’t take my word for it. Here’s a round robin critique from a recent Politico piece. A sample:

“Rapid tests can stop public super-spreading by keeping very infectious people home. Better indoor air quality and ventilation/air filtration measures can pull infectious aerosols out of the air regardless of what variant they are carrying. And high-filtration masks can stop people who are contagious from exhaling as much virus in the air and prevent uninfected people from inhaling that virus-laden aerosol, regardless of variant.

“It feels like we are caught unprepared again. The CDC still won’t address why respirators aren’t being recommended or provided to the public despite a 2008 mask model by 3M that was meant exactly for a pandemic virus emergency. (I wear a relative of that model daily, and it’s very comfortable.) By putting most eggs in the vaccine basket, we are where we are again.” — Abraar Karan, infectious disease fellow at Stanford University“

How Biden could have prepped for Omicron

Biden’s covid numbers are no better than Trumps. One can make the argument that Trump was more proactive and managed the crises better, in spite of himself, than Biden. It truly reveals the incompetence and fecklessness of the PMC political party.

You still feel confident with this one:

“As for "super transmission ability" claims for Omicron (and every earlier variant), I doubt them.”

Last edited by chunkstyle; 01/05/22 05:44 AM.