Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
The next month is going to be a very dangerous time for the unvaccinated who never were infected. ....
Caveat: My predictions are my own, nobody else's. If we have less than 2 million cases by 1/10/22, then I'm wrong.
Excellent post. I'm afraid you're going to be very right.

One thing that constantly astounds me is how scientifically unsophisticated so many people are. Some of these concepts are pretty straightforward. Unvaccinated people are at severe risk, and we have a huge unvaccinated population - nearly 100 million people. The entire populations of many of the comparitor countries - Israel, South Africa, even the UK - are smaller than our vaccine resistant population, much less the anti-maskers. Florida has as many new cases this week as the entire US has averaged each day.

"An average of more than 550,000 Americans are testing positive for COVID every day. About 10% of them are in Florida, where the average number of new cases is higher than it has been since the coronavirus pandemic began.

Hospitalizations in Florida remain well below their highs during the Delta variant surge. But hospitalizations are rising fast: 340% higher in the last two weeks, according to the Florida Hospital Association." (CBS, today)

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich