So, was that a long way of saying ‘I don’t know’?

No, it's a full explanation of why nobody knows. I'm sorry if this idea is just too complex for you to understand. Repeating the wishful thinking of the mainstream media can do harm: Like convincing unvaccinated and never-infected people to go out and catch Omicron on purpose "because it's the low virulence variant". A lot of people wish that was true, but that doesn't make it true. Like I said, they need to look at a group of people who have never been vaccinated or infected to see how catching Omicron affects them. And they can't be selected just by antibody levels, because antibody levels naturally contract. They have to be selected by the absence of activated T-cells, which is much more expensive and difficult. Nobody has done that study yet.

The fact that some unvaccinated people are dying says that Omicron is not innocuous. One frontline doc wrote he knows more about a new patient just by asking if they were vaccinated, than from everything else in their chart. This is a personal issue for me, because my mother died from covid, and my wife's twin sister refuses to get vaccinated. She works as a dental hygienist and is convinced her N95 mask is going to protect her. Though today she was telling us how her dental office is being affected by quarantines of staff members.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.