CORRECTION: We are doubling every 10 days, according the US CDC data. So my prediction for the US is off. Same result, but unless people's behavior changes dramatically (like locking down voluntarily) it will take about two months instead of one. California has doubled in the last six days, so in about 5 weeks it will be mostly over here. My prediction for the UK was based on their Rt values, so it still stands.

Went to get my teeth cleaned today, and got a smog test so I can still drive my car. The dentists office is fully vaccinated and boosted, and I was impressed by their precautions. For example, how many dentists keep their office door wide open with fans running in January? Smog test was essentially outdoors, so that was probably okay too. But my wife is isolating from me for 5 days to see if I show signs of infection. That means sleeping in another room, wearing masks in common areas, etc.

BTW: Everybody getting infected does not mean everybody gets sick. It's bad news for the unvaccinated who were never infected, but for the majority of vaccinated folks it's asymptomatic.

Last edited by pondering_it_all; 01/11/22 10:35 AM.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.