Anecdata fer sure but my local school district is paying 150/day to substitute. Young, wiry, orphans preferred is the vibe. They just need babysitters to sit in classes that are half full. Sign of the times.

A PITA client of mine had been texting me into the evenings over an ongoing remodel. A vice principal of a city school but she and her husband have a vacay home nearby that I’ve been involved with since June. She’s gone radio silent for two weeks now. Out of character. Guessing her plates full with loss of teachers, bus drivers, etc.

I’m not buying your go to of individuals making bad decisions as a rational for omicron spread, PIA. That’s been used as a scapegoat for junk economics, bad governance, etc for decades now. Sounds so much like the isolate, blame and shame that’s been a hallmark of neoliberalism. Show me the proof of uniform behavior around the world that has allowed this variant to spread so quick globally. Different seasons, governments, holidays or no holidays etc.. The Cron is getting everywhere in record breaking time. That’s a lot of spitting and licking your proposing as an admitted fomite/droplet fan.

Conversely, if you could find some evidence of similar global behavior then why has it outpaced/ displaced Delta with amazing speed if they were so similar? Even your referenced Dr. Campbell has noted the reports of it being as much or more transmissible than measles recently. Individual behavior should average out with Delta I would think. The Cron has moved much faster than Delta nonetheless.

It is interesting to note how fast the ‘Omicron is mild’ narrative was pushed in the Anglosphere in the run up to the holiday shopping season. Odd that. Very little data out of S Africa for an immediate conformity of narrative. I’d hate to think that commercial interests in the form of advertising revenue would have had an influence on media messaging.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 01/14/22 01:41 AM.