NIH has put out a flow chart for physicians treating the high-risk Covid patient who is not hospitalized and not (yet) on oxygen. This is an attempt to disrupt viral replication, in order to prevent progression. In order of preference (subject to contraindications):

1. Paxlovid: 89% reduced risk, prescription filled at certain pharmacies, supply limited
2. Sotrivamab: 87% risk reduction, IV infusion, supply limited
3. Remdesivir: 87% risk reduction, three days of in-office IV infusions (some being done at home)
4. Molnupiravir: 35%? risk reduction, pregnancy test required for all women of child-bearing age

Risk reduction is for hospitalization or death within 28 days. I'm glad they finally figured out the correct timing for Remdesivir. The EUA for it makes it approved only for hospitalized patients on oxygen (when it's pretty useless). So NIH is recommending off-label use! The EUA reflects the FDA's fixation on using "heroic measures" only to save the seriously ill, and ignores the multi-phasic nature of Covid-19.

All of these are going to work better if started early. If I had a positive test and no immunity, I would act immediately to get one of these started.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.