So here’s the biggest problem with vax only as I see it.
Since vaccines are being unevenly distributed thruout the world as a consequence of the hoarding of wealthier nations, we keep getting mutations out of the underdeveloped regions having high immunocompromised populations.
As each mutated variant strikes it produces more comorbidities in our population. As CDC director Walensky cheerfully pointed out, sars is hitting those with comorbidities hardest.

In essence, the politicians and CDC seem to have embraced a strategy that is self defeating. Monoclonals are great but access is uneven, as are their effectiveness with different variants, as we learned with the Cron.

Then there’s the notion of treating the infection vs. avoiding the infection altogether. While I see much enthusiasm for pushing of products to treat infection in the hyper capitalized western sphere, avoidance and mitigation has been incompetent and borderline criminality negligent. As I see it, the Anglosphere had taken a market approach (as it does with most everything now, TINA!) that may prove less costly in the short term but will produce profit in the short term for those organizations and individuals championing mitigation avoidance and post infection treatments.

Another look at the long tail effects of letting criminal incompetence fly the plane.

“ With millions of individuals affected, nervous system complications pose public health challenges for rehabilitation and recovery and for disruptions in the workforce due to loss of functional capacity. There is an urgent need to understand the pathophysiology of these disorders and develop disease-modifying therapies.”

Nervous system consequences of COVID-19

And while the costs of the incompetence of the current PMC will be externalized on the individuals, their families and communities, profits accruing to shareholders (monoclonals are over 2k a pop with the government buying millions of doses. Ivermectin, on the other hand, is dirt cheap) in the long run it will effect the macro of our society. In this, like every other challenge facing our society, IBGYBG will be the guiding philosophy.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 01/22/22 09:25 PM.