Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
I think you are ignoring the fact that all of these prophylactics and Covid treatments, from Paxlovid to MABs, are covered by the federal government. In fact, vaccinations and treatments are a perfect example of single-payer health care. I'm confused: If you don't like the US government paying for this stuff, who do you think should pay for it?

If the US government had sent out billions of ivermectin doses instead, would you be complaining about them sending placebos to keep everybody dumb and happy? Most of the deaths right now are among people who denied the virus existed, then claimed it was just a cold, then refused to get vaccinated, and ignore their Covid symptoms until the antiviral treatment window is closed. They don't take their horse paste prophylactically, and they dismiss their Covid as "just the flu" until they are getting hypoxic. These folks would have thrown their ivermectin kits away, and claimed the government was trying to poison them.

Your not confused about my points of contention. Your simply trying to confuse them.
Let me condense them for you:

-going after herd immunity with the Trump vaccines was a flawed policy based on what we know about the limits of these ‘vaccines’.
-Pursuing those policies at the expense of public health mitigation was flawed and will have long tail effects in the population.
-As long as those effects are hidden and long term costs externalized by ‘stakeholders’ (Walensky’s word not mine) and are primarily born by essential workers and not the ruling classes, there will be no course correction.

Not sure but I think your referring to Ivermectin as a placebo and belittling my critiques as nothing more than constant complaining. Not sure why you would view my observations that way as I’ve offered studies and published articles from respected medical journals of known quality. Sure, they may not rise to the level of your preferred YouTube outlets but they have standing none the less.

From my point of view so far, you’ve had nothing but resistance to any public health measures of mitigation beyond vaccines and infection treatments. Treatments, BTW, having high costs for the government, administering costs born by the patient and limited effectiveness with the most recent variant, Omicron.

To my mind, your of the treatment of disease for reimbursements stripe, a hallmark of profit driven health care with the assistance of government corporate capture. This will lead to a bad end for a good deal of Americans. But, hey, wether it’s pandemic diseases or war, there’s money to be made and the takings are good right now so I see no end to the criminal incompetence helming our public health institutions or governance.

If past us prologue, here’s a issue being raised by that chronic complaining British medical Journal on past incompetence and corruption of an epidemic to illustrate my point on today’s pandemic:

“ In the pages of The BMJ a decade ago, in the middle of a different pandemic, it came to light that governments around the world had spent billions stockpiling antivirals for influenza that had not been shown to reduce the risk of complications, hospital admissions, or death. The majority of trials that underpinned regulatory approval and government stockpiling of oseltamivir (Tamiflu) were sponsored by the manufacturer; most were unpublished, those that were published were ghostwritten by writers paid by the manufacturer, the people listed as principal authors lacked access to the raw data, and academics who requested access to the data for independent analysis were denied.1234

The Tamiflu saga heralded a decade of unprecedented attention to the importance of sharing clinical trial data.56 Public battles for drug company data,78 transparency campaigns with thousands of signatures,910 strengthened journal data sharing requirements,1112 explicit commitments from companies to share data,13 new data access website portals,8 and landmark transparency policies from medicines regulators1415 all promised a new era in data transparency.

Progress was made, but clearly not enough. The errors of the last pandemic are being repeated. Memories are short. Today, despite the global rollout of covid-19 vaccines and treatments, the anonymised participant level data underlying the trials for these new products remain inaccessible to doctors, researchers, and the public—and are likely to remain that way for years to come.16 This is morally indefensible for all trials, but especially for those involving major public health interventions.”

Covid-19 vaccines and treatments: we must have raw data, now

It’s almost as if the Journal is implying that studies were done in order to extract profits. Balderdash!!! Who ever heard of such a thing. That sort of behavior would not be going on today!

Or some would have you believe…

Last edited by chunkstyle; 01/24/22 03:13 PM.