Desantis is playing to his base and your advocating for the PMC base play.

Does anybody understand what "PMC base play" means? You keep posting jargon that I suppose is quite familiar to you, but is just ignored by everybody here because they don't understand what you are talking about.

The rather huge difference between what I advocate and DeSantis advocates is that I like treatments that work, and DeSantis is promoting some MABs that even their manufacturers and the FDA claim don't work against Omicron. See: Not opinion, but fact!

While you downplay the notion of public health mitigation efforts, insisting that vax and MAB’s are the only way to go, I don’t recall you having much support for little else. The whizbang mRNA vaccines were sold as being quickly tailored to variants in the beginning but, for various reasons, there hasn’t been any adjustments for delta or the Cron. Breakthru’s aplenty with each of those variants, having been extremely lucky that the Cron didn’t go into the lower RT and turn lung tissue into bloody tar like Delta.

I do not insist that vaccinations and MABs are the only way to go, and never have. I use isolation, masks, hand sterilization, distance, ventilation, etc. extensively. In fact, I have repeatedly pointed out the problems with MABs: They have to be given before symptoms appear to be most effective, and the FDA and medical establish reserve expensive drugs in short supply for seriously ill patients WHEN MABS DON'T WORK! The fact that MABs are very variant-specific is another limitation. In order to be effective, we would have to give them to everybody with a positive test, even though most of them would be fine without the expensive treatment. I have said that is why we need a dirt-cheap small-molecule drug (like ivermection) we can give to everybody before they leave the rapid-testing site. But when the results of the TOGETHER trial came out, I switched to universal distribution of fluvoxamine.

BUT: MABs that work against Omicron are great for identified high-risk patients and the immunocompromised who do not benefit from vaccination.

I have also said nice things about some of the anti-virals like Paxlovid, and lately Remdesivir. But they have the same economic problems as MABs, without being variant-specific. The FDA and medical establishment have tried to limit their use to seriously ill patients, when they have no effect. When given very early, they are fantastically effective.

There haven’t been any vaccine adjustments for recent variants, (except for Pfizer's Omicron-specific vaccine that is in trials right now), mainly because there is no need. The original vaccines are still highly effective against hospitalization and death no matter what the variant, and I've explained why that is the goal and why that happens. I guess you just skim my posts or something.

I've also explained that Omicron, Delta, and every other variant have little difference in their clinical behaviors. That is a popular myth in the mainstream media, but virologists and immunologist mostly agree that the difference is because we have so many people with some humoral immunity now. For people with no immunity, Omicron does go into the lungs and wreck havoc. That's why so many have mild cases and the ICUs are filled with the unvaccinated.

Trump was a raging dumpster-fire when it came to the pandemic. He disassembled pandemic response agencies and public health positions before the pandemic. He ignored it "because it is affecting Blue states", then used every opportunity for political gain including Warp Speed. He was hugely disappointed when vaccinations couldn't start before the election, because that was his "Great Man on the White Horse" play. He even told everybody the virus was nothing to worry about after he almost died from it, which began the politicization of anti-mask and anti-vax. Those have cost America hundreds of thousands of needless deaths. Even now, his supporters in governor offices and courts fight masking and vaccination efforts, and every other sensible public health measure supported by the Biden administration. It's a modern death cult.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.