Why wasn't there an advertising budget built into the COVID vaccines?
I know, I know...you're going to say,
"They're FREE! Why do they need to be advertised when Uncle Sam picked up the tab?"
So what?

Every other vaccine is marketed, every MAB is marketed. Every pet rock and pimple cream is marketed to the public.
Geez whiz, we're mumbling drug names that sound like absolute toddler gobbledygook in our sleep!...adalimumab, keysimpta, keytruda,
oingo boingo...

Okay, that last one is a band, but you get the point. Think of all the stupid s*** people are convinced to buy and tell me advertising doesn't work.
My God, forty years ago the first of my gay friends died of AIDS and now I'm watching happy pretty gay people eating barbecue in slow-mo while pretty ladies stick flowers in their shirt pocket.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Madison Avenue managed to PUT A HAPPY FACE ON AIDS!!
Can you imagine what would have happened if the government had begun distributing free AIDS medications, and the Moral Majority had decided to pour millions into some scary denier coalition instead?
They spent money on full page ads with families wearing masks, so don't say they wouldn't have...they almost did.

So, if the "Mad Men" were able to soothe public hysteria with a few cute ad spots for lifesaving AIDS medications, why didn't they do the same thing for the Rona shots? Instead we ended up spending untold BILLIONS more mitigating the consequences of the monster-sized anti-vaccine
movement, when it would have been cheaper to hand Pfizer, Moderna and Jannsen a few hundred million to produce attractive commercial spots for their vaccines with extra money for the airtime purchases.
FFS, they could have started advertising the moment the FDA granted approval.

Just because something is free doesn't mean you don't have to market it to people.
You HAVE to market it to them, because most Americans are conditioned to look at a free shot from the government with suspicion.

I'm not saying everyone would have responded in a positive fashion but I bet we could have picked up a lot of people who were just on the fence and a little too hesitant, which would be about 25-30 percent of the unvaccinated population.
And that would be enough to put a large dent in the anti-vax movement, and enough to put us closer to a good majority of vaccinated persons.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com