First, if you want to fight in wars the United States is a pretty good place to be. We just got rid of one that went on for 20 years! The really interesting thing is that we have enough people willing and able to fight in our wars. Its never made much sense to me. The pay is lousy, there is little freedom, and you do what you are told (there is more but that's basic).

Anyway, when you got drafted it wasn't a joke, especially when we were at war! After you entered you got to be 'examined' and "probed", with a large group of nekked and then were thrown into a great big room to sleep with a couple of hundred of your very best pals (maybe not but you'll work through that) and that was just for starters. Basically it wasn't exactly a real good time. From what I understand much of that has now gotten better and more civilized because, I suspect, they needed to do that to keep the suckers applying. (except for the Marines who, I suspect, haven't changed one damned thing)

I also tend to believe that there is a growing chance that we are not only going to get into another war but this one is going to be done, in part, with nukes! "The Age of War" has NOT passed! The only real difference is that I may actually be talking about the very last war as well as the end of the world. This is currently happening, right now, inch by painful inch. Interesting times!!

Last edited by jgw; 03/06/22 07:39 PM.