Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
So sorry, Jeff. Yes, it really sucks. I hope they can figure out some good therapies, but prevention looks like the best thing so far. Some Long Covid victims find that getting vaccinated again helps, but that's under 50% of them that try it. Saying it's over and going back to normal condemns lots of people who will get it and have bad outcomes to an early death or poor health for who knows how long.

Many wild animals have contracted it and spread it throughout their populations. (Pigs seem to be the exception, so our valuable barbeque resource remains unthreatened. But they have their own deadly corona viruses.) There is some evidence Omicron spent a long time evolving in mice before spilling back into humans. We have no idea when or where the next spillover event could occur. We (humans) are really doing a piss-poor job of sampling wild animals and keeping an eye on these things. Note I did NOT saw "if": It's a sure thing

Caught COVID, then in March/April 2021 I received both Pfizer shots, then received my booster shot in November 2021.
I'm of course open to getting a second booster if they'll allow me, which I think they will.
But anyway, so far I am already outfitted with the highest level of immunity possible short of a second booster, although I am aware that some aspects of protection wane after
a while, but I am also aware of several sound arguments about the way T-cells and other cells work, as discussed right here on the Rant.

But sure, I can get another booster, I'd already decided to when they first announced it might be possible.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com