Assistant Attorney General Wilson apparently replied to my above letter to AG McCollum not only on his behalf but that of the OAG itself. I pasted in the text of my reply to Assistant Attorney General Wilson's Sept. 25, 2007 letter below.

Sept. 28, 2007

Joslyn Wilson
Assistant Attorney General
PL 01 The Capitol
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1050
Fax: 850-922-3969

Dear Assistant Attorney General Wilson,

Thank you for your letter, dated September 25, 2007. Unfortunately, there appears to be some misunderstanding, which I wish to correct. I wasn’t requesting that the Office of Attorney General Bill McCollum investigate my charges, but rather I was notifying him of these charges and requesting that he submit evidence that I provide to a judge or someone in authority who would do something. This is the evidence that I referred to in my Aug. 29, 2007 email and Aug. 30, 2007 certified letter to Attorney General McCollum and it speaks for itself. Furthermore, Chief Assistant State Attorney Lewis’ refusal to participate in the OAG’s Open Government Mediation Program raises some disturbing and troubling questions about the integrity of the SAO. The issue isn’t prosecutorial discretion, but rather government integrity, transparency, and accountability.

As stated earlier, if I had known that Attorney General McCollum was to be the featured keynote speaker at the Republican Reagan Day Dinner here in Bonifay on Sept. 6th, then I would have attended. In addition, the local weekly newspaper reported that FL State Rep. Don Brown was in attendance. The Honorable’s office is well aware of what’s going on. If he had so wished, Rep Don Brown might have confirmed my charges if asked by Attorney General McCollum. The opportunity was certainly there to do so.

Finally, correct me if I’m mistaken, but are you saying that a public official within the OAG who knows about criminal misconduct by Florida law enforcement officers doesn’t have to do anything about it? Thank you for your swift and timely replies to my concerns.

Sincerely,
Joe Keegan