I hope you get to make it go away. I have always thought that it was a brand new way to over tax and haven't changed my mind. I reminds me of something. Years ago the Washington legislature was looking for more money. They discovered that the agency who issued licenses for hunting and fishing was bringing in waaay too much money. They also had enough money to hire lots of people to managed the hunting and fishing. Their solution to that one was to send the money for licenses to the general fund. Now they don't have enough money to hire the number of people they actually need. Its kinda like what the feds did to the IRS and now the Republicans are outraged that they actually increased their workers so that they can actually go after the 5% at the top.

This is yet another example of our elected slamming everybody BUT the top 5% This is also why, incidentally, we no longer have places to put the mentally ill, other than prison (and it seems that the prisons are, finally, starting to get rid of that job). There is a lot of current talk about the mentally ill but I have noticed they haven't actually done a damned thing to fix this problem. I suspect that will change as our crazies keep on getting guns and going after them.

I also understand that the upper 5% probably pay something like 60%, or more, of taxes being collected. They think they are paying too much, which is flat out lunacy. Its pretty hard to feel sorry for billionaires.

Last edited by jgw; 10/29/22 06:05 PM.