In Seattle they are currently holding a crazy that threw a woman down some concrete stairs trying to kill her. He is insane and everybody agrees on that. However, that being said, they are currently paying him 250.00 a day to stay in jail until there is room for him in the remaining place, in the state to put the insane. The only other choice was to turn him loose so he could try and kill somebody else.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...snt-receive-mental-health-treatment.html

I kinda thought that might have got the state politicians to do something about the problem. Nope, nada! Apparently the reason for the daily payment is to flag the problem and also because he does not belong in jail he belongs in a place to get help. That is a huge step forward!

I also suspect every other state has, exactly, the same problems in that we seem to have A LOT of crazies currently manning the streets. Its really time to fix this one. Oh, almost forgot, we also, nationally, don't have enough shrinks to deal with mental problems as well. One of the real problems is that sending the insane to prisons has been the solution for, at least, 20 years. Washington seems to be ahead of that curve but it also means that many state continue with prisons instead of help.

I also believe that its really time to start getting the needed university graduates to staff the nation. We are short of doctors, engineers, shrinks, and some others. How about using one we used to have and Canada still does. Get them into universities and, when they graduate, to goto work for gov to do what needs to be done for a few years and then they are forgiven any education debt afterwards.

Last edited by jgw; 10/30/22 06:45 PM.