Interesting, most people have no idea who Kevin McCarthy is. That seems especially true when it comes to independents. If one looks at the Don’t Know answer in the question of favorable/unfavorable, don’t know usually means they haven’t heard enough to make up their minds about the individual or never heard of them. Here’s a list on how independents view the major politicians. Independents only. Favorable/unfavorable/don’t know. Independents are important as they make up 44% of the electorate according to Gallup.

Biden 37% favorable/53% unfavorable/10% don’t know.
Harris 31% favorable/51% unfavorable/15% don’t know.
Trump 39% favorable/51% unfavorable/10% don’t know
McCarthy 29% favorable/39% unfavorable 33% don’t know – a third of all independents either haven’t heard enough about this guy or don’t know who the heck he is.
McConnell 22% favorable/54% unfavorable/24% don’t know
Schumer 27% favorable/44% unfavorable/29% don’t know
And the winner is: Hakeem Jeffries 24% favorable/30% unfavorable/47% don’t know.

You can go to Questions 49A-G for the whole scoop on the favorable/unfavorable ratings.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/nujlm70ly6/econTabReport.pdf

And to questions 50 A and B for this: How independents view the two major parties.
Democratic Party 31% favorable/50% unfavorable/19% don’t know
Republican Party 30% favorable/51% unfavorable/19% don’t know

The above are independents only, the election deciders as both major party’s bases are relatively even. Gallup placing the Republican Party base at 27%, the Democratic Party base at 28%, independents at 44%.

I realize most of you don’t give an owl’s hoot about independents who are the election deciders or how America thinks, feels as a whole, all of America. I’m interested in how elections turn out, independents are the big IF. I know how Republicans and Democrats will vote, they’re boring. Now independents, fascinating. So take the above with a grain of salt, but the above certainly shows McCarthy isn’t well known if they know who he is by independents or for all American voters either

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.