Although I don’t understand how a judge could rule or find Trump as being an insurrectionist, but then allow him to run for the presidency somehow seems wrong. Although running, being on the ballot for the primaries and not allowed to hold office can be two different things. But I do agree with Rick. Trump needs to be charged as being an insurrectionist or aiding and abetting, go through with the trial, due process. This should be done at the federal level as if it’s done at the state level, you’ll have some states which don’t have Trump on the ballot, those states who found Trump guilty along with most states where Trump is on the ballot as those other states haven’t found Trump guilty or even tried him.

There’s another aspect of this, Trump could be allowed on the ballot, but the secretary of state could refuse Trump’s slate of electors. In other words, allow Trump on the ballot, but with no slate of electors to cast electoral vote for him. This seems a roundabout way as it assumes other states operate their general election for the presidency the same as Georgia does which I’m not sure about.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.