Its now been over two years that I wrote the above. On Dec 28 I am off to the office of Cognitive Issues via the VA. The memory just gets worse and worse. I haven't forgotten the names of my kids, yet, but I can see it coming.

Its interesting. A few months ago I was having a problem with breathing. I went to Outpatient at the Hospital. It went like this. The nurse set me down and started to do a blood pressure test. About 5 minutes in she said; "I'll be back in just about a minute". A couple minutes she came back and said; "I have a wheel chair outside the door. I want you in that chair right now and then you are the way to the emergency room". Seems my heart was going at the incredible speed of 16 per minute. Now its never less than 60.

I was in the emergency room for about 10 minutes before they had an Ambulance. I got a ride down to St Michaels (85mph) around Paulsbo forget the name of the town (and, pretty much, everything else) where they planted something into me (forget what its called, a "heart" something). I am fine now and my heart continues working. It is, I suspect, part of being old.

I have also noted that, when they were peering at me, and asking questions to prove I was alive, etc. I just didn't care. I could listen to them talking and, apparently, I was pretty close to dying and what really amazed me is that I just didn't care! THAT kinda woke me up (then I went back to sleep).

Just thought I would throw that one in.

Last edited by jgw; 12/19/23 10:12 PM.