Unique certainly. A former president vs. a sitting president. Only once in our history has that happened. 1892 when Grover Cleveland defeated the sitting president Benjamin Harrison. 2024 is also unique in that it is the second time that both major party presidential candidates are view much more negatively than positively by most Americans. 2016 was the previous election, Clinton 38% favorable, 56% unfavorable. Trump 36% favorable, 60% unfavorable. In every other election except two were both candidates viewed favorably by a majority of Americans, over 50% except in 1964, Goldwater at 43% favorable/47% unfavorable and again with Trump in 2020 43% favorable/56% unfavorable. But LBJ and Biden were viewed favorable by a majority of Americans.

2024 will become the second election in our history with both major party candidates seen by less than 50% favorable and higher than 50% unfavorable. Currently Biden is seen positively/favorable by 39% of all Americans, unfavorable by 55%. Trump at 41% favorable, 54% unfavorable.

This is how all Americans view both major party candidates at this time. This is why we have a quarter to a third of all Americans wanting, searching for another viable candidate other than the two major party candidates. Why do I point this out and do so constantly? I think everyone needs to know what is going on nationally, how all Americans feel, think, want or in this case of the rematch, don’t want. 64% of all Americans want other candidates according to a Harvard CAPS poll. This isn’t a feel-good election. It’s a very scary election.

Myself, I never voted for Trump and never would. He’s a scumbag to put it mildly. I’d vote for Atilla the Hun before I’d even think about voting for Trump. I don’t think Biden is the right candidate to defeat Trump, Biden gives Trump at least as of today a bit more than a 50-50 chance of regaining the white house. But that doesn’t mean I’m not in Biden’s corner as far as voting is concerned. I am. It’s just I think folks ought to know how all of America are viewing this election and are viewing both major party candidates.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.