The Supremes will shortly hear the case. Not being an attorney nor having any additional legal background, it would be hard to make an intelligent comment on the case itself. From my perspective, after reading the Amendment and applying public records for consideration of an argument, I believe he should be disqualified, as well as many other elected officials currently serving in Congress, and all of those who were previous office holders and took the Oath to support the Constitution and participated in Trump Insurrection.

Sooo ... I'm thinking, How will the Supremes rule? Having read numerous articles from legal scholars, I can see them punting ... they're weak and see the political ramifications. I can see them upholding Colorado, and therefore by transitive action, disqualify Trump from all ballots. I can also see them doing the usual Originalist gymnastics of lying they are Originalists and then doing the political thing, saying the 14th doesn't apply to Trump or any other Insurrectionists.

Another possibility is they will rule Trump can run but cannot take office. Yikes!!! First, if he wins, how do the Supremes keep him from taking the Oath? Who would enforce the court order???? Second, what is the process? For instance, following the 14th, and suppose Republicans win both Houses of Congress, it would be a foregone conclusion they would allow Trump to become an officeholder. And what if Republicans do not control both Houses? Is the House the sole arbiter???? At what point does Democracy actual die??? or is it already dead we have not heard the news? or are we just too frakking dense to admit the odor we smell is the rotting corpse of Democracy.

I want to hear what is on the minds of thinking people.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!