It frequently astounds me that so many people remain wilfully blind to the threat that is Donald Trump and the toxicity that he injects, daily, into American politics and policy.

MAGA is a pestilence, and merely a neo-fascist movement. It is responsible for the dysfunction of Congress, corruption of the judiciary and disruption of foreign affairs. Project 2025 is a road map to an authoritarian takeover.

When GW Bush was anointed President despite having lost the popular vote (and when I joined RR), I knew we were in trouble, but I didn't recognize just how close to disaster we were. But, then we stumbled into 2016 and were saddled with Trump. It would be irresponsible and un-American to not constantly raise the alarm.

Now, of course, the proximity to disaster is ever present, yet we are still burdened with these blatantly undemocratic institutions, like Heritage Foundation, Federalist Society, Fox News, MAGA and, of course, SCOTUS. The corruption is overt.

I was not initially an advocate for Biden, but I've been pleasantly surprised by his steadfast commitment to improving the United States and how much he has accomplished. We're on the right path, and he decidedly put us there. Sadly, we're a short-sighted people and have forgotten the unmitigated disaster Trump's White House tenancy was. I fear we're walking into a disaster from which our great union - and the world - will struggle to recover.

Last edited by NW Ponderer; 02/27/24 12:18 PM.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich