There are more and more med folks giving advice. One of the main pieces is to do something like learning to play a musical instrument. That is something I went through when I was young. I remember how piano lessons drove me nuts. I have currently decided to take Spanish lessons from Dualingo (https://www.duolingo.com/) on the net. Its free and seems to help overall. The trick is to simply ignore and skip all offers to sign up for the paying portions if you just want to exercise memory stuff. Have no idea why or how and none of the med people dealing with this have suggested it but I think it helps me a bit. My wife is Spanish and she found out about this and, now, she gives me little simple tests now and then and, so far, I have answered correctly so, perhaps, I am actually almost learning Spanish. Oh, I started this Dualingo thing several years ago and have currently started again. Dualingo remember me and started me where I left off. The skipping the speaking thing was a really bad mistake. As you move on they start with the talking thing which is seriously fail. I can, however, actually read a Spanish newspaper and understand a bit of it. I find that, sometimes, I tend to do really dumb things for absolutely no reason I can figure out. Kinda keeps me on my toes just watching out for personal stupidities. ln the old days I would try and make excuses. I don't do that anymore. I just admit it and move on (s*** happens!).