She went over 200 days without a press conference and only appeared on shows that were 100% for her like The View. Yes, Trump knew how to manipulate the media for his exposure.
I think the notion she wouldn't appear on the propaganda networks because she was an oblivious campaigner, I believe is based rather on the fact those networks ask ridiculous questions ... when did she stop being a communist, vis a vis reality based questions. Juxtapose that with conservatives who will not appear on non-propaganda networks which as the hard questions based on what these folks have said or done ... they do not want to be exposed to their Base. Witness the recent Hannity interview of Gov Newsom ... Hannity did not believe factual information like Pres Biden has presided over an oil industry which is currently the largest producer of oil in the world ... just can't be .... Trump was

Imagine if Pres Biden were to be interviewed by Bartiromo ... first question would be, how much money has he taken from China.

I don’t think Clinton took Trump seriously
I suspect she as well as many in the non-propaganda media, thought Trump's unfitness would be so overwhelming few would support him. Little did they know, and I was one of the few who entertained the idea Trump had a real chance as he found the Republican Base amenable to a message of bigotry, which is now the normal, no longer do elected Republican's have to tell the Base they are not bigots. That chance was enhanced by the Comey effect, which I believe, despite all the polling which you believe is gospel, was the precipice tipping to Trump.

All objective minded folks know and understand Trump is unfit to be a dogcatcher ... imagine the conundrum intelligence officials have, knowing they may have to give Trump top secret intelligence, which he may sell or simply give to Putin.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!