I haven't arrived at the conclusion he is suffering from onset of dementia, although, everything Doug mentioned and, all the psychiatrists wrote, suggests the possibility. What is indisputable is he does suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. After all, if one listens to him, he is the greatest human to ever have lived and will ever live. Aside from that, he had the innate ability, overlooked by elected Republicans, who have for years apologized for, implicitly condoned, and defended, the Base's widespread bigotry, to find a voice which emboldened that bigotry and aligned himself with them. This is but one facet of what is now known as "white rural rage". Trump has become "their" voice; he is their savoir in a world pitted against their bigotry and ignorance. These people do not care what kind of criminal Trump is; he is their criminal ... their voice ... their savior.

The bottom line is I don't care if they support him. My overly optimistic hope is more people than his Base will recognize who and what he is and have the good sense to vote against him. At the moment I don't see a clear cut majority in the key states to prevent him from winning, and, of course, there is the very real possibility, his loyalists may have already occupied enough state infrastructure to make the election moot.

I can see the one time, before Trump shuts down all media not loyal to him, headline, "Trump the mad occupant of the White House".

Should that happen .... my nom de guerre will be rapace.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!