Rick, presidents have always taken credit for a good economy, they have always gotten the blame for a bad economy. Presidents holler from the top of the mountain when the economy is good that it was their policies that caused the good times. Then try to shrink away when the economy goes sour. My own personal view is that the economy is like the weather, no president, no government controls it. The economy like the weather is going to do what its going to do. If presidents, government had control over the economy, we’d have all good times, ups, no bad times, down. We don’t. Sure, presidential policy can play around the edges of the economy much like seeding clouds can play with the weather. But no one controls or have much say on what the economy will do. Usually good times are global as is bad times. Sure, presidential policy can hurt one sector of the economy, but not the whole economy. Like you pointed out with the farmers. But that’s playing around the edges in my book.

But all previous presidents who has taken credit for a good economy causing the blame for inflation, rising prices, the economy in general to fall on Biden’s shoulder. The president is in charge, when things don’t go well, it’s the job of the president to fix it. He’s the leader, the one in charge, thus he's going to get credit or get the blame. It comes with the job. We’re going to have ups and downs regardless of what a president or government does with the economy. It’s rather simple, at least in my book. Biden’s getting the blame for inflation, rising prices only because he’s president, the one in charge, the leader of this nation. Had Trump won in 2020, most Americans would now be blaming him. If Clinton had won in 2016, then Trump won in 2020, people would be wanted her policies back much like they want Trump’s policies back today. It’s all about perceptions, about the one in charge, the president at the time and mostly it’s about all previous president taking credit for a good economy that they had little to nothing to do with which causes presidents, Biden today to be getting the blame.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.