Originally Posted by jgw
I wonder, in passing, what would happen if the 14th was used again AFTER trump gets convicted in one or more criminal cases. Then, I think, the 14th will stick. I think that is one of the reasons Trump fights so hard against any and all cases.

Just a thought..............
My thinking is since none of the 91 federal indictments charged Trump with insurrection that leaves the 14th high and dry. Even if convicted on all 91 federal charges, Trump still wouldn’t have been convicted of insurrection. I’m also sure if convicted on some of the 91 federal charges and sent to prison, that ends his political career. The MAGA faction of the Republican Party will try to carry on, but I think over time it will fade out as the only thing MAGA stands for is Trump. No political ideology, no political philosophy, no legislative agenda, just the worship of one man. Although going to prison may make Trump a martyr in their eyes allowing the MAGA faction to carry on much longer than one would want or desire. Time will tell.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.