Originally Posted by jgw
Its true, the Republicans in the house have not done well. Still, there are, we are told, 5 or 6 Republicans of the old school still there. So, in theory, the Democrats can talk to those 5 and see if they want to vote with them. If so they just might be able to pass some legislation. On the other hand that may not work. I have no idea how many total must ok a bill. 218 Republicans and 213 Democrats. Oh, BOTH sides have folks that have gone to the extreme in their zeal. My basic question is whether either side has the capacity to work with anybody in the other side even if they are willing. I have read that there are Dems that will not work with the Republicans no matter what, same as the Republicans.

I have no idea if this would work or not. I know there are several Republicans giving up and leaving the house. Now, if the Dems can get those seats...........
Here’s the list of those in congress not seeking reelection. 42 total house members, 23 democrats, 19 republicans. 8 U.S. senators not seeking reelection, 5 democrats, 2 republicans, 1 independents (Sinema).

https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_U.S._Congress_incumbents_who_are_not_running_for_re-election_in_2024

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.